Astronaut, Military Pilot, Speaker
– United States Astronaut, Retired – Pilot of Soyuz MS-04, Expedition 51 crew member, and U.S. Segment Lead Expedition 52 with 136 days in space and two spacewalks
– Retired United States Air Force Colonel, combat fighter pilot and test pilot – extensive flying and test experience, with over 3,000 flight hours in more than 45 types of aircraft, primarily F-15E, F-22 and T-38N
– Directed large U.S. Air Force, U.S. Space Force and international teams in dynamic, fast-paced environments. Expertly managing property, assets, and equipment valued over $100B, and organizations as large as 8,200 personnel
– Expert communicator with a wide variety of audiences and media: schools & universities, corporate, federal government, foreign and civic, through social media, live TV/Radio, podcasts and more
– Passionate speaker with contagious enthusiasm and a rare multi-domain strategic perspective — “2fish” can engage and inspire a wide range of audiences across a diverse spectrum of topics
For more information on booking Astronaut Jack Fischer for speaking engagements or events please contact us here
Jack “2fish” Fischer (Colonel, U.S. Air Force, Retired) is a combat fighter pilot, test pilot, astronaut, and military space operations leader. He is married to his smoking-hot best friend, Elizabeth – for 23 years and counting.
2fish is a distinguished graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy and a Massachusetts Institute of Technology Draper Fellow. He flew two combat tours in the F-15E as part of Operation Southern Watch, Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Southern Focus.
As a distinguished graduate from the U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School, he conducted flight and weapons testing in multiple variants of the F-15 and the F-22. In 2008, he was selected as a Strategic Policy Intern in Washington, D.C, and served two six-month rotations with senior defense leadership in the Pentagon.
Colonel Fischer then served 9 years as an astronaut at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, including a 2017 mission to the International Space Station where he logged 136 days in space with two spacewalks.
Following his NASA career, he returned to the U.S. Air Force Space Command as the Division Chief for the Global Space Operations Division, followed by being the Vice Commander of the 50th Space Wing at Schriever Air Force Base in Colorado Springs. He also served as the lead for “Task Force Tango,” a team charged with building the initial design for the U.S. Space Force.
2fish retired in May of 2020, and is now serving as the VP of Strategic Programs for Intuitive Machines, as well as a military space consultant.
Awards & Honors Includes:
- U.S. Air Force Academy Distinguished Graduate and Outstanding Cadet in Astronautics
- Draper Fellow, Draper Labs/Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Liethen-Tittle, Aaron C-Dot George and Onizuka Prop Wash Awards and Distinguished Graduate, U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School
- Defense Superior Service Medal
- NASA Distinguished Service Medal
- Numerous other military decorations including two Legions of Merit, two Meritorious Service Medals, four Air Medals, eight Aerial Achievement Medals, and many more
- Other NASA awards include the NASA Spaceflight Medal, six JSC Superior Achievement Awards, Stephen D. Thorne Aviation Safety Award, and numerous commendations and group awards for innovation and achievement
Speaking Topics Include
- Leadership at all levels
- Building world-class teams
- Leading through change
- Igniting and sustaining innovation
- Inspiring the next generation through STEM outreach
- Resiliency and resurgence – living strong
- The synergistic future of human spaceflight – civil, commercial, and military
- Life aboard the International Space Station – eating “floaty Jell-O”
- Seeking out, preparing for, and capitalizing on opportunities
- Getting past politics – creating high-performing diverse teams
- Time management – investing in what’s most important
- Designing and testing convergence – understanding multi-domain operations
- Growing warfighter fangs – motivating competitive excellence
- United States Air Force Academy Association of Graduates
- Society of Experimental Test Pilots – Associate Fellow
- Association of Space Explorers
- Space Force Association